KINTETSU RAIL PASS GUIDE
Types of passes
Validity: valid for the date of use only
[Unlimited rides within designated zones on Kintetsu Line and on Nara Kotsu bus]
Designated zones on Kintetsu Line: between Osaka-Namba and Kintetsu-Nara; between Kyoto and Tsutsui; between Nagata and Ikoma; and between Toriimae and Ikomasanjo
Designated zones on Nara Kotsu bus: Nara Park, Nishinokyo and Horyuji Temple areas
Validity: valid for 2 consecutive days from the first date of use
[Unlimited rides for 2 days on Kintetsu Line in Osaka, Nara and Kyoto Prefectures and within designated zones on Nara Kotsu bus]
Designated zones on Nara Kotsu bus: Nara Park, Nishinokyo, Horyuji Temple, Asuka, Muro and Yamanobe-no-Michi areas
Unlimited ride pass for Kintetsu Line and Iga Tetsudo Line
Unlimited rides for 5 days on: [Entire Kintetsu Line and Iga Tetsudo Line］
PlusRAIL PASS Plus
Unlimited ride pass on Kintetsu Line, Iga Tetsudo Line, Nara Kotsu bus, Mie Kotsu bus and Toba City 'Kamome' (seagull) Bus Lines
Unlimited rides for 5 days on:
[Entire Kintetsu Line and Iga Tetsudo Line]
[Nara Kotsu bus]
Nara Park, Nishinokyo, Horyuji Temple, Asuka, Muro and Yamanobe-no-Michi areas
[Mie Kotsu bus and Toba City 'Kamome' (seagull) Bus Lines]
Matsusaka, Ise, Toba and Shima areas, the section from Aqua-ignis to Yunoyama-onsen・Gozaisho ropeway-mae via Kintetsu Yunoyama-onsen Sta., and the section from Kuwana/Kintetsu-Nagashima Sta. to Nabana-no-sato (The station from which buses depart may differ according to the period.)
- A refund for a pass purchased at a Kintetsu station ticket counter will only be provided within its period of validity at the location where the pass was purchased, as long as the entire pass is unused. A handling fee will be charged per pass.
- A refund for passes purchased online, through a travel agent, or at places other than Kintetsu stations cannot be provided at a Kintetsu station ticket counter. A refund cannot be provided after a voucher is exchanged for passes at a Kintetsu station ticket counter. Please contact the place of purchase.
- No refunds will be provided as a result of train delays, closing of facilities offering benefits, etc. due to an act of providence, accident or other circumstances.
- Lost or stolen vouchers or passes will not be reissued.
- The pass may only be used by the holder, and cannot be transferred to anyone else.
- To go outside the valid zones, please purchase a basic fare ticket additionally.
- To board a Limited Express train, please purchase a Limited Express ticket additionally.
- When using the pass, please be sure to carry your passport with you so that you can show it, if necessary.
- These and other conditions of use shall be in accordance with the terms and conditions of the relevant transportation system and the laws of Japan.
Plan your trip
Nara' s History and Culture~Beginners Course~
Nature and City of Nara Course
Everything Nara! Course
Osaka/Nara/Kyoto ~Historical Course~
Experience the Best of Areas Around Osaka Course
From Nagoya To Mie(Ise-Shima)
Osaka/Nara/Kyoto/Mie(Ise-Shima)/Nagoya ~Have a taste of Everything Course~
How to ride the
Go through the automatic ticket gate.
- (1) Insert the ticket into the slot of an automatic ticket gate.
- (2) Your ticket will come out from the other end of the automatic ticket gate. Pick up your ticket and proceed through the gates.
Ticket, Magnetic card
Ticket, Magnetic card
* KINTETSU RAIL PASS 5day is not an unlimited ride pass for the bus.
How to ride the bus
There are two types of buses: one where you board from the front of the bus, and the other where you board from the back. For a front-boarding bus, show your ticket printed with the starting day of use to the driver when you board the bus. For a rear-boarding bus, pick up a boarding ticket when you board the bus, and show your ticket printed with the starting day of use to the driver when you get off the bus.
How to get off the bus
Push the nearby stop button right before the bus stop where you wish to get off. The stop button are located near the seats and poles.
* KINTETSU RAIL PASS 1day/2day is not an unlimited ride pass for the Iga Tetsudo Line.
Show the ticket printed with starting day of use to the crew or station attendant.
Kintetsu Limited Express
Since Kintetsu Limited Express trains have reserved seats only, you can enjoy your trip in a relaxed manner in a comfortable train environment. For a comfortable trip from Osaka, Kyoto, Nagoya to Nara and Ise-Shima, take a Kintetsu Limited Express train.
To board a Limited Express train, a Limited Express ticket is required in addition to KINTETSU RAIL PASS. Kintetsu Limited Express tickets can be purchased online (in English only) or at a Limited Express ticket counter marked with at a Kintetsu station.