Before purchasing your ticket
Kintetsu trains are divided into two types: regular trains, which passengers can board with a basic fare ticket; and Limited Express trains, where passengers can travel comfortably by reserving a seat in advance.
■ Regular trains
Regular trains, including Rapid Express, Express, Semi-Express and Local trains, require
only basic fare tickets.
■ Limited Express trains
To board a Limited Express train, a Limited Express ticket is required in addition to a basic fare ticket.
All seats are reserved, so seating is guaranteed.
Special in-vehicle facilities are provided, including reclining seats, restrooms and a smoking room, allowing passengers to spend their travel time in greater comfort.
Basic fare ticket
Limited Express ticket
Limited Express ticket with a basic fare ticket
Various types of tickets are available.
These tickets are ideal for traveling between Osaka, Kyoto, and Nara!
These tickets are ideal for traveling around tourist spots in the Kintetsu area!
You need only this card to use Kintetsu and other railway lines, as well as bus services!
- Charge your IC card with money beforehand.
Purchasing your ticket
Purchase your ticket on a ticket machine or at a ticket counter.
How to pay for your ticket
- At a ticket machine: By cash or IC card
At a ticket counter: By cash or credit card *(VISA, MasterCard, and JCB cards are accepted.)
[Business hours]5:30-23:20(Business hours vary according to the station ticket counter.)
At a Kintetsu travel information desk: By cash or credit card
*(VISA, MasterCard, JCB, Amex, and Diners Club cards are accepted.)
[Business hours] Weekdays:10:00-19:00
Weekends and holidays:9:00-18:00
* At some stations
* China UnionPay cards are accepted at:
Osaka-Namba, Osaka-Uehommachi, Osaka-Abenobashi, Kyoto, Yamato-Saidaiji, Kintetsu-Nagoya, Kintetsu-Yokkaichi, Ujiyamada
Types of ticket machines
Stations have several types of machines vending basic fare tickets.
|10,000 yen bill||-||◯||◯|
|5,000 yen bill||-||◯||◯|
|1,000 yen bill||◯||◯||◯|
Steps to purchase your basic fare ticket
1 Confirm your basic fare with the Regular Ticket Fares posted above the ticket machines.
2 Press the button to select the language.
Press the "Purchase ticket" button.
3 Select the button for the fare to your destination station, and then insert cash or your IC card into the machine.
4 Take the ticket. Do not forget to take your change or IC card.
Steps to purchase your Limited Express tickets
The ticket machine that vends Limited Express tickets.
IC card - 10,000 yen bill ◯ 5,000 yen bill ◯ 1,000 yen bill ◯
1 Select the desired Limited Express train.
1. After switching the language to English, press the “Purchase Limited Express ticket” button.
2. Press the “Take train immediately from this station” button.
3. Select the destination area.
4. Select the destination station.
5. Select the number of passengers.
6. After selecting the number of passengers, press the “Confirm” button.
7. Select the Limited Express train departure time.
8. Select how to choose your seat(s).
2 Purchasing your Limited Express ticket(s)
9. Select whether to purchase one or more basic fare ticket(s) together.
10. After confirming the travel section(s), seat type(s) and amount, press the “Confirm” button.
11. Select the payment method.
12. [If selecting “Cash”] Insert the amount into the machine.
13. Press the “Issue” button.
3 Receive your Limited Express ticket(s) and change.
14. Receive your Limited Express ticket(s) and change.
- Limited Express tickets can be purchased through the internet.
- To purchase Limited Express tickets through the internet, payment can be made by credit card only.
- All seats in a Limited Express train are reserved seats. To use a Limited Express train, you will need a Limited Express ticket in addition to a basic fare ticket.
How to purchase an IC card
Ticket machine vending IC cards.
IC card - 10,000 yen bill ◯ 5,000 yen bill ◯ 1,000 yen bill ◯
1 Purchasing an ICOCA card
1. Press the “Buy ICOCA” button.
2. Press the “2,000yen” button.
- The purchase amount includes a deposit of 500 yen.
3. Insert 2,000 yen into the machine.
4. Select either “Issue with receipt” or “Issue without receipt”.
2 Take the ICOCA card. Do not forget to take your change.
5. Receive your new ICOCA card.
How to charge your IC card with money
IC cards you can use on the Kintetsu Lines
ICOCA, Suica, etc.
Machines available for charging IC cards
Amounts you can charge on your IC card at once are 1,000 yen, 2,000 yen, 3,000 yen, 5,000 yen, or 10,000 yen. The maximum amount that can be charged on an IC card is 20,000 yen.
<Ticket machines available for charging IC cards>
1 Press the button to select the language.
Press the "Charge" button.
2 Insert your IC card, and select the amount you will charge.
Insert your IC card.
Select the amount you wish to charge.
3 Insert cash for the amount shown on the machine.
Insert cash for the amount shown on the machine.
Select either “Charge with a receipt” or “Charge without a receipt”.
4 Take the IC card. Do not forget to take your change.
When you have a problem
If you have purchased the wrong ticket
If you encounter the problem before going through a gate, notify one of the station staff that you have purchased the wrong ticket, and show the ticket. The fare will be refunded to you.
When canceling or changing an already purchased ticket
When you are still outside the gates, and the ticket has not yet expired, the fare excluding the handling charge will be refunded to you.
- The fares of tickets purchased at travel agencies will be refunded at the travel agencies.
Changing a Limited Express ticket
If you change the time or route of your Limited Express train before the train departs, notify the staff at a station counter.
- Please note that you cannot change your Limited Express ticket after the train has departed.
- You can change your Limited Express ticket only once.
Changing your train travel route
When you change your train travel route on the way, the basic fare and Limited Express charge will be adjusted. Notify one of the train staff or a conductor. Please note that while you will be surcharged on a shortfall, any surplus amount you have paid will not be refunded.
If you lose your ticket
Lost tickets are not reissued. Please purchase your ticket again.
Our staff can give you support by helping you purchase your tickets and by providing useful information about trains and Kintetsu Railway areas.
We have staff who can speak foreign languages (mainly English and Chinese) near station gates.
[Stations that have station concierges]
Osaka-Namba, Kintetsu-Nara, Kyoto and Kintetsu-Nagoya Stations
[Service hours] Vary according to the station, and whether a weekday or weekend/national holiday.
They can provide non-Japanese-speaking passengers with information using translation apps on their tablet, PC or with the help of interpreters by phone, instead of speaking the language themselves. Also, they are able to answer inquiries about use of the Kintetsu Railway using Communication Cards.
[Service offered in the following languages]
English; Chinese (simplified & traditional); Korean; Thai