Going through the gate
Go through the gate into the platform area.
Gate accepting tickets,
magnetic cards, and IC cards
Gate accepting only IC cards
When you have a ticket or magnetic card
Insert your ticket or magnetic card into the slot on the gate. Be sure not to leave your ticket or magnetic card behind.
When you have an IC card
IC card (ICOCA, Suica, etc.)
Touch your IC card on the IC card reader on the gate.
Finding your train and boarding it
Confirming the train type and platform
Different types of trains stop at different stations.
To board your train, refer to the signs and departure guide.
Near the gates
Near the platforms
How to distinguish trains
<Train types other than local trains>
Limited Express trains
Confirm the stations where your train stops.
How to wait for and board your train on the platform
For a safe and comfortable journey, please line up on the platform until your train arrives. Also, for your safety, do not rush for your train.
Manners at stations
For the safety and convenience of all passengers, including yourself, follow the directions given below at stations.
For passengers using wheelchairs
- The station staff will escort you to the platform and help you get on and off the train.
- Arrangements with the station staff will need to be made in advance. As such, we ask that you contact Kintetsu Railway in advance in order to ensure that your travels proceed smoothly.
- It may be necessary for passengers to wait due to such factors as over-crowded trains and service interruptions, as well as during certain times of the day. We ask for your understanding and cooperation.
- If you use a wheelchair, you may not be able to board the train depending on the type of wheelchair you use, the train you wish to ride and the station.
- Wheelchairs that are no longer or taller than 120 cm and no wider than 70 cm can be taken onto the train.
- It is necessary for passengers using electric wheelchairs to drive slowly (below 2km/h) in the station.
Example of a wheelchair that may not able to board a Limited Express train
(An electric wheelchair with a handlebar to control the direction or one with a similar structure)